The geographic location of the area offers the possibility of one-day trips.
Mini cruises are taking place in a daily basis, bound for the islands of Skiathos, Skopelos and Alonissos.
Visiting monasteries, cultural sites and attractions of the area, as well as a tour of North Evoia, will give you some unforgettable moments.
The most important monasteries in the region are:
- The Monastery of “Saint David” the elder where stored his relique.
- The Monastery of “St. George” located in Ilia region, built in the mid 18th century.
- The Monastery “St.Irene Chrisovalantou “.
- The Monastery “Galataki” built in the 14th century.
The magnificent church of “St John the Russian” which houses the sacred relics of the Saint that the Greeks of Asia Minor brought during the 1922 Catastrophe.
Culture and spectacle
- At the museum “Nautilus” in Agiokampos you can enjoy a tour that will impress you and broaden your knowledge, welcoming you to the secrets and magic of the seabed.
- The museum of “Natural History” of Kerasia gives you the opporunity to see some mammalian fossils found recently.
- The museum of “Natural History” in Istiea will inform you about many interesting facts of the animal kingdom.
Take a walk to the waterfalls in the area of Drymonas. These beautiful waterfalls located at an altitude of 620 meters, make a place of inexhaustible natural beauty.
A great idea for an excursion is going to the Equestrian Centre in Kamatriades. In a beautiful location on Telethrio Mountain, just 20 minutes from the Thermal Springs of Edipsos. There one can enjoy horse riding or hiking in an amazing natural environment.
Excursion to Lihadonisia islands. These 15 small volcanic islands are overgrown with olive trees. The largest of these islands, called Magnolia is famous for its white sand covered beach and turquoise waters. It is an organized beach, supplied with sunbeds and a canteen for coffee and snacks.